School Counselor Referral for the Digital Age

It has been a crazy start to the year this school year; hence, the no new blog posts!  Now that the beginning of the year is behind me, I feel more refreshed and ready to share some exciting new things I have been trying this year.  My most favorite is I have added a new way for students to get in touch with me.  Typically, I have a hard copy of a school counselor request form.  This was great and all, but I had a hard time keeping all those slips of paper put away and filed, and often times, they'd get stacked under a pile of other things I had to get done.  So many times, I would forget to pull that student.  To resolve this, I created a school counselor request form (google forms are my best friend) for students to complete online.  From my school's website, the students can easily access this form, and submit it in literally seconds.  Then, the response goes straight to my email and I can easily access and organize all the students I am seeing and take notes on what we did.  It's been great so far!  I did have to take a guidance lesson and teach the students  how to access it, but all in all, it was totally worth it.

Comments