Winter Madness Survival Guide

I don't know about you, but this time of year is crazy!  I feel like I can't keep my classes on the same Guidance Lessons, and if you know me at all, you know that I have to be able to do this in order to stay sane.  It's important that all my classes get the same content.  Therefore, I use December as a time to reflect on what we've learned so far, review, and create culminating projects that go along with what we've learned.

Game for Grades 2-5
https://jeopardylabs.com/play/guidance-mid-term-review




Seven Habits of Happy Kids Game Set

I use these with Grades 1-5.  Kindergarten kids aren't reading yet, so I do this as a whole group using the document camera.  You can purchase it at Amazon.com


Culminating Project
This is a time of year that I use my older kids to help me with my lesson planning.  (See, its all about utilizing your resources!  LOL)  Anyway, I have the kids develop scenarios and questions for games such as I made above.  I give each group a habit, and have them develop several questiosn that go along with the habit.  In my mind, this helps the kids reflect on that habit, and demonstrate a higher level of understanding of that habit.  If I see that they are not developing questions that match the habit, I will have them research that habit further.  

This a project I will have grades 4 and 5 work on.  It's a win win for me because once the games are created, I have game boards for Grades K-2 and an extra activity for those emergency sub moments.  




Comments