How to teach the Goal Setting Process

Every year I find myself trying to figure out a good way to show students how to set goals, why it's important to do so, and how tracking the goals fits into all this.  Oh and did I mention I am trying to do this with Kindergarten through fifth graders?!!  It's seemingly impossible.  Or so I thought.  I THINK I have found a way to do this without totally confusing them, and make it entertaining as well! It's going to require you to look a little silly, so be warned!  I got some helpf rom a great resource, Teaching and Tapas, on Teachers Pay Teachers.  I really like the goal setting worksheet she has because it includes the action plan!  Click HERE for the complete lesson plan I developed to help teach Goal Setting.  I would LOVE to hear your feedback!

Comments