Check out the lesson S.M.A.R.T GOALS on Blendspace


We've covered our Back to School Topics and we are now settling in to September where we focus our attention toward Habit 2:  Begin with the End in Mind.  We begin talking about Goal setting and establishing our goals in our Leadership Notebooks.  If you haven't heard about Leadership Notebooks, you will want to keep checking my blog.  I'll have all kinds of resources, and ideas for you in the coming weeks.  In essence, a Leadership notebook is a way that our students (Grades K-5) track their academic and behavioral progress.  My job as the School Counselor, is to help them establish goals and be able to understand why we set goals, and how important it is to track them frequently.  When Parent Teacher Conferences come around, we no longer hold the tradition type conference.  These conferences are all Student Led.  I know that sounds crazy, but it's fabulous!  I'll be posting more about Student Led Conferences soon as well. 
Meanwhile, here is lesson that I put together using resources I found through Teachers Pay Teachers, and some things I pulled off Youtube.  In this lesson, I also provide a tempalte for the studnets to write their goals for their behavior, and spelling.  (This is all I have time for in this session, so I'll add to it later). 



Check out the lesson S.M.A.R.T GOALS on Blendspace: Check out the lesson S.M.A.R.T GOALS on Blendspace

Comments