Surviving Year 12





This is my 12th year as a School Counselor, and this year is proving to be quite a challenge!  I have taken on more roles in my professional organizations, and am so grateful to do so. However, learning to balance both is taking some getting used to.  With that in mind, I gave myself permission to scale back a little on trying to come up with my own amazing lessons for Guidance.  Thank goodness I did!  I have discovered some wonderful resources and lessons that I just had to share!  PS...I don't make any money for endorsing any of these products.  I'm just a regular ole counselor who likes to share what she knows. 

First, you MUST check out Eve Coates' Teacher's Pay Teacher's store!  She is amazing!  She has wonderful powerpoints on each of the 7 habits, as well as growth mindset, and so much more!  What I LOVE about her work, is how it's student friendly for grades K-5, and easily adaptable.  They almost always take up the whole time, so I don't feel like I'm scrambling for more to do or say.  The concepts are taught in a way that really makes sense to my students as well!  I bought her expansion pack for Growth Mindset, (at $18 it was more than I like to spend but TOTALLY worth it).  It went deeper into growth mindset than I have ever gone, and the kids are really responding to it.  She is my official "go to" person when I am stuck on a lesson!! 

Next, Counselor Keri.  Her work with School Counseling is phenomenal!  You can go to her blog and sign up for her newsletters, and she sends all kinds of freebies, and helpful tips!  I haven't purchased much of her things on Teacher's Pay Teachers yet, but the freebies that she has provided are enough for me to buy anything she's selling! 

I began this blog as a means to help inspire counselors and to hopefully share my work with you because I know how it is to feel lost or stuck in this position sometimes.  These two women (and more)  have reignited a desire in me to want to do more for my profession, and to get more creative with my own work with kids!  If you want to share what you're doing, please feel free to email me, and I'll be happy to pass it along! 

Comments