My Younger kids (K-2) have all been introduced or reviewed all 7 Habits so it's time for me to be sure they know them and can apply them to real world situations. In order to make that fun, I found this great race car game! I have designed questions for each habit, and will divide the kids into groups (color groups for each car), and ask the questions. When a group answers correctly they get to move their car. What I love about this is, there's no dice to deal with, and no pieces to have to manipulate. It does it all for you.
I like using this video to discuss issues with social isolation, and since it's Dr. Seuss' Birthday, I felt it only appropriate. Guiding Questions: What are the guiding questions for this lesson? Have you ever been "left out"? How did it feel? Why do people sometimes exclude others? How did the Sneetches change from the beginning of the story to the end? Why did the author probably write this text? Is there a lesson we can learn from it? What is the difference between Sneetches with stars and those without? **adapted from CPalms
I tried to download and make the cars move but it didn't work...can you help me with this? Also, do you have the questions you use with the kids? I could not find them here and would love to see them. Thanks!
ReplyDelete