Every year I find myself trying to figure out a good way to show students how to set goals, why it's important to do so, and how tracking the goals fits into all this. Oh and did I mention I am trying to do this with Kindergarten through fifth graders?!! It's seemingly impossible. Or so I thought. I THINK I have found a way to do this without totally confusing them, and make it entertaining as well! It's going to require you to look a little silly, so be warned! I got some helpf rom a great resource, Teaching and Tapas, on Teachers Pay Teachers. I really like the goal setting worksheet she has because it includes the action plan! Click HERE for the complete lesson plan I developed to help teach Goal Setting. I would LOVE to hear your feedback!
I like using this video to discuss issues with social isolation, and since it's Dr. Seuss' Birthday, I felt it only appropriate. Guiding Questions: What are the guiding questions for this lesson? Have you ever been "left out"? How did it feel? Why do people sometimes exclude others? How did the Sneetches change from the beginning of the story to the end? Why did the author probably write this text? Is there a lesson we can learn from it? What is the difference between Sneetches with stars and those without? **adapted from CPalms
Comments
Post a Comment